Saturday, December 26, 2009

The ultimate project

The DRESS
It was the ultimate project, and I'd like to say Cameron was very supportive the whole time. (first part true, second part NOT true)
My mom was helping me, so I'd get done with one thing, take a picture of it and then send it to her and ask what to do next. I have all these pictures so I thought I'd document it.
Here it is step by step.
Skirt opening
I did not like how thick the top collar was and Ava REALLY did not like it.
Bodice w/no sleevesShe worked better as a model when she was asleep.
Sleeve and hem
Attaching the sleeve. Could have used a few more pins.
Bodice w/sleeves
My first button holes and buttons with a machine. I was so excited to do them I did them too early which made attaching the skirt a little difficult.
One more thing...the gather
All done. The blood and tears are over with!
Look, she's so surprised it looks as good as is does (me too).
Posing for the final shot!

3 comments:

  1. it really looks so beautiful, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!!! So beautiful and amazing!!!! You are one very talented lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is way way way better than the first dress I made (for Kirsten).

    ReplyDelete